Are you looking to expand your experience in management and leadership? YAF’s directorship could be the ideal challenge.
Our team of directors receive training, mentoring and professional development, as well as the opportunity to lead our expanding and ambitious national network. We are recruiting for two roles – a Director of Communications and a Director of National Development – who will embark on their directorship in June this year.
● Actively contribute to YAF’s strategy, and to champion our values of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion across all YAF outputs and projects.
● Lead collaboratively with fellow Directors and the Board Members YAF’s anti-racist and anti-discriminatory plan, to champion our diversity values and help improve equality, diversity and inclusion in arts fundraising.
● Ensure smooth operation of YAF’s platforms including Zoom, Slack, Google Workspace and Mailchimp. Day-to-day running of these is managed by Board Member, Events and Board Member, Communications.
● Attend fortnightly Director calls/meetings and lead full Board meetings every six weeks.
● Represent YAF at appropriate committee meetings (e.g. Cultural Sector Network and RAISE Project Delivery Team).
● Represent YAF at external events and be a proactive champion for the arts fundraising sector.
Year 1 –> Leadership of YAF and training by fellow Directors in their Year 2
Year 2 –> Train the new cohort of YAF Directors and recruit your replacement
Year 3 –> Form part of Advisory Board to provide mentoring to your successor
Being part of YAF comes with a number of benefits. It is, of course, a opportunity to develop your leadership experience outside of your work and boost your CV, but it also comes with a friendly, like-minded team who are all motivated to create better access to professional development in arts fundraising. You’ll build a great network, both with other leaders in arts fundraising and the wider cultural sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Director of Communications that will lead all aspects of Young Arts Fundraisers’ Communications Strategy. The position requires a motivated and passionate emerging leader with a keen interest and understanding of the needs of the emerging fundraising workforce and an attention to detail for compelling marketing strategies.
We are looking for a committed and enterprising Director of National Development to lead the roll-out of Young Arts Fundraisers across the UK. This role requires a genuine commitment to arts and cultural fundraising in the regions with a desire to offer sector support to our members outside of London who are facing unique challenges in their roles. You will deploy your skills in programme delivery and partnership management to grow our network and reach.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A CV (no more than 2 pages A4) detailing your career so far, in your chosen format
2. A covering letter (1 page maximum) or short video (5 minutes maximum) or a voice
recording (5 minutes maximum) that tells us for which post you are applying, how you meet the criteria required and why you want to be a part of YAF
3. If you feel comfortable, we would be grateful if you were able to share any protected characteristics about yourself that you think we should know by filling in this Diversity Monitoring Form, and send it back to us with your application. We will be using this information to guarantee interviews to those who are underrepresented in fundraising.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with the current Directors on email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!